Friday, September 29, 2006

Gridblog Friday: The Forgiveness Jazz

Today seemed fit for a baby gridblog on forgiveness, so I'm joining the gridbloggers (go to Wyatt's site for more info)...
The power of forgiveness was alive in our community today. It was real, it was honest, and it was moving. You don't experience this flavor of community in most staff rooms, that is for certain. There is not really a need to describe the situation, simply that forgiveness was sought, and it was granted. Love won, and a community was strengthened.
There is something so raw and human that is revealed when forgiveness is sought. It's a brokenness that doesn't seem to come around too often, but there is something so, so spirit-filled about our brokenness and vulnerability. Today I was reminded of the peace, the acceptance, and the love that comes when we are forgiven.
Our community is knotted more tightly because of grace today. I am thankful, and I am called back to my need for grace, and God's love-driven response. What a life, what a gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts Harm, something I forgot to add to my list - forgiveness lived is a ticket to real community. Easy, not usually.