Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sedimentation is a natural phenomenon. Shake well before use.

I had a good chuckle when I read this on the side of my iced tea yesterday. You know, that could make for a deep blog entry....yeah, maybe another day. :)

Ah, it's been awhile since I posted here. It's been a busy ten days since returning from my China adventure (I need to post the pics on my flickr site soon!). Speaking of the fleetingness of time, our pastor shared some great thoughts on "investing" and "multiplying" our time today, rather than "spending" it. Extremely relevant for HK society, particularly. This city is built on efficiency and designed for speed! I digress.

Throughout the year, I have been working on becoming involved in different activities in Hong Kong. It seems that all at once a few of these potential activities have become fixtures in my schedule. I'm studying Mandarin weekly, enjoying a few days of tennis a week and a very worthwhile women's bible study. I'm enjoying each very much, but I'm definitely aware of the slightly more crowded schedule.

I am not 100% yet with my health. I am learning (ever so slowly) to let go of worry, and welcome life one day at time. Worry and fear can be tricky- they like to have us think that they give us some measure of control over a situation. The reality is that both disable us from being fully alive today, and we end up absorbed with ourselves. Sometimes it just takes me awhile to figure that out. This week I will go back to the doctor. Thank you for praying!
Teaching is going well! I'm excited about some new technology-based projects we are working on right now. One is a social studies report that will be presented using Wikispaces, and the other is creating "poetry podcasts". Fun!

Alright, guess that's all for today in the updates department. I'm really excited about summer holidays- just over two months away! I will arrive home (Regina) on June 30!

2 comments:

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Hey Harmony,

2006 was all about me being paralyzed by worry, fear and anxiety. I hated it, I was miserable.

Something that really helped me get through it was praying through the Psalms but what ultimately helped me the most was letting go.

Of what?

Of the very thing I was holding on to so tightly it wracked my body with anxiety and fear.

As I've looked back on last year I've realized my real problem was my soul. It was fractured.

I don't what is causing your grief but I think if you strip everything away and look at the core you will be able to move to a better place.

I'll pray for you today.

John

Anonymous said...

Hi Harm...I'm thinking of you today:) Love TK