Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's good to be home.

I woke up this morning to the basement I best remember and the sound of Dad vacuuming the van outside. I'm home, and it feels so good.

The first two and a half weeks in Canada have been great. I've spent most of my days with my nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters and parents. I started in Calgary for a week, then went to Moose Jaw to meet up with my best girlfriends for a day retreat at the spa (what an awesome day that was), then headed to Saskatoon for a week with my brother and his family. Heather, Mom and I took a mother-daughter getaway to Waskesiu for the past two days, which was wonderful. Last night was another highlight, as I got to meet Baby Bandura for the first time (it's still living in Shannon). That was too exciting. I don't feel much like writing about every minute of the journey- I'm just soaking it up! I will post a link to a few of the 300 or so pictures I have taken so far.

This afternoon I'm driving down the 48 to see my Grandma and Grandpa, as well as Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. For the weekend I will be in Portage visiting more family. Then it's back to Regina on Sunday night, where I'll be glad to hang out for the week.

Time for lunch with Barb! Pictures coming soon, but hey, no promises- I'm on holiday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved our lunch date! And so delightful to have Heather join us too. We must do that again sometime soon. See you in August - keep a night open for getting together. Enjoy Kennedy and Portage.
Barb