Saturday, September 20, 2008

Backtracking to Thailand...

Before I settled into things for another year in HK, and following a wonder-FULL summer in Canada, I spent a week in the south of Thailand. I loved staying with the Honigman family. They live in Phuket, not a bad spot to hang out in for a week! Kara and Gerry are a fantastic pair, and they have three fun, high energy boys- Alec, Elias and Vaughn. It was so much fun to get to know them. After four days in Phuket (including my first parasailing adventure!), I ventured on my own to an island called Ko Phi Phi. It was a great getaway spot. I snorkeled for the first time (a funny sight for anyone- I'm not the most graceful of swimmers), spent time reading and hanging out on the beach, and soaked up the sun! Here are a few pictures from my week...(see the Flickr set to the right)


the pool at Kara and Gerry's compound


Elias, Alec and Vaughn- warriors of the ocean


Vaughn and Kara!


the girls at the beach

Gerry and Alec


flying high


fuuun


arrived at Ko Phi Phi


not a bad sunset


time to reload


beauty

1 comment:

Jill Slywka said...

Looks awesome Harm! Beautiful! I think I might just need to add Thailand onto my ever-growing list of places that I would like to visit someday!

How is the school year going so far?