Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thanksgivings.

I just finished preparing a couple thanksgiving snacks for school tomorrow. I love celebrating this day with my students. I like to cover our door with paper and title it, "thanksgiving graffiti". The kids have fun filling it with gratitude. This year I found a really cute turkey cupcake idea, so I'm going to try that out. I think they'll have a blast with it (what could go wrong with chocolate cupcakes involved?!), to go along with our graffiti and classic making of thanksgiving cards.

There is so much to be grateful for, and I hope it's an attitude that shapes each day for me. I try to be thankful. Most days, it's so easy because there is such an abundance of good things that fill my life.

Tonight in the midst of busyness, I thought on the powerful blessing of role models in my life. I'm spoiled rotten, and it starts with my family. My grandparents have created a legacy of faith, love and generosity that is incredible. I thank God for my Mom and Dad every day. I am so grateful for all that they model for me, but especially: grace, selflessness, faithfulness, hospitality and a heart set on serving God and others. And I don't know how I got so lucky, to have the big brothers and sisters (and sisters in law) that I have. I have never had a shortage of love, encouragement, or inspiration in my life...not with a crew like that leading the way! Oh, the list could continue on and on- from teachers to coaches to my church family mentors and my aunts, uncles and cousins. I'm celebrating your examples to me tonight, and remembering to pass on the blessing of a role model to the young ones I spend my days with! I'm thankful for you.

Happy Thanksgiving from Hong Kong.

No comments: