Saturday, May 16, 2009

So that's what it feels like...

Lately I've been in a bad habit of napping from about 7:15-7:45pm so that I can feel 'rested' for tennis from 8-10pm. The other night I felt so tired but I really wanted to go to tennis. However, the thought struck me that maybe, maybe I should just go to bed. So I did. I went to bed at 8pm. I can't remember the last time I went to bed at 8pm, maybe twenty years ago?!

Talk about a payoff. I woke up at 6:30 and I finally understood the meaning of rested. I didn't actually need more sleep. What a strange phenomenon. And I felt good all day- almost like this is how I'm supposed to operate on a daily basis! I'm sure most of us have felt the same way, however, our lifestyles don't seem to agree with getting enough sleep. It makes a person wonder, though, doesn't it? Why do we drive ourselves into such tiredness when the alternative feels so much better? The rhythm of my life could sure use more rests!

1 comment:

chelsa said...

AMEN sista!! nothing like a good night's sleep... it's just the getting into bed part that's the hardest.

did you see federer finally conquer on sunday!? :D so happy!