Tuesday, January 03, 2006

There is nothing like family

It has been a super holiday season for this young gal. My week in Calgary was very fun- lots of cuddling with babies, a whole lot of eating, a movie here and there, a bit of relaxation, a trip to the Zoo, the starting of a couple really great books, more baby time, enough games to last another year, shopping, singing and just hanging out with the family. After being a long way away last year, I had no intentions of taking any of these things for granted!
The McMillan New Year's was plenty of fun, too. We had quite the crew out for the day, and the definite highlight had to be the Paparazzi-like photo shoot of four of the new babies in the family! Picture ten or so Moms, Aunties, and Grandmas packed in a room squealing with glee and laughing goofily while the tiny babies sit on the couch blinded by non-stop flashes of light. It was delightful!!!
Though I would love to indulge in another few weeks of this loveliness, the "P" word is beginning to call my name. And so today, with the threat of losing time with baby Elijah, I started chipping away at the ice on the corners of my "P" binder. Just two weeks left to go in the first semester, a week of finals, and then the second semester will begin. I am looking forward to the change of subject matter, though more hesitant to say I'm looking forward to a new wave of yes, you know the P word...planning. :) Ah, it's all good.
Tonight I'm going to the Canadian Hockey Party at Party Central- the Slywka residence. Should be good times- shinny in the backyard rink and the semi-final game on the tube.
Check out the pics, but check your heart first...these are too cute for my heart, anyway!



New babies for Great Grandpa and Grandma- Elijah, Aaden, Mareesa and Ronan


This is better than Geddes. Way better.


Story-Telling Time...Now Laurel, let me tell you about when your Daddy was a little boy...

The Elijah-Aaden Showdown.


Oh, so squishable. (Baby Mareesa)

No comments: