Friday, April 14, 2006

Oh, WOW!

Well it's extremely late and I have to be up in about six hours and I've got eight to drive, but some things just need to be blogged.
If you weren't convinced, allow me to convince you today that I am indeed the "sixth" of six kids. As such, I confess to being the spoiled child. Spoiled by parents, and if wasn't official before, I'm making it official today- spoiled by siblings!!! Sheeeeesh!
I arrived home today to find a white Courier envelope on the table with my name on it, suspiciously from sister Tara up North. Hmmmmm!!! Guess, just guess what was inside????
Do you know?
It was a present from the cutest little fellow I know, that would be Elijah, of course! (Although I have this strange feeling his parents and Aunty may have been involved somehow) Anyway, Elijah couriered me a ticket to fly out of Calgary to Yellowknife over my spring break (which, by the way, started today! WOOO!)! I even get to fly back- that's a first! What a cool kid, hey?!!!
So, I'm pretty pumped. Currently weary, but thrilled all the same to have, in the next ten days, the chance to see my cutie petuties in both Calgary and YK! "Soooo good (as my Asian students would say)"! This is a big holla out to the YK clan...LOVE YOU!
Well if I'm going to be a cheerful Aunty tomorrow, I'd better get at least 5 hours of sleep. Yikes. Oh, by the way, this fantastic surprise has capped off a lovely week here in the Queen City. I enjoyed a string of really great conversations with friends this week- some random, some planned, some even found in parent-teacher interviews. More on that later.
And, I ended up with 24 roses by the end of Tuesday...all from ladies, of course- only the best!
Okay, I'm off to bed and I'm up to greet some of the finest women to the Gospel House of Love for a Good Friday breakfast shared among friends and mentors. Good Friday unites Good Women. I take no credit, or blame, for the aforementioned phrase...please direct to Miss Tamara Knutson.

No comments: