Friday, January 18, 2008

Aussie Open Hype

Day 5- Serena is sizzling with 15 aces in her third round match. Domination or what?!

Justine Henin blows my mind. Her overall record in the past 3 years is 63-4. Her one-handed backhanded leaves me dumbfounded. She is so good. I love watching her play.

I've got to say, in honor of Heather, that Rafa's orange look is just not working out. I'm not digging it.

However, I know Heather's rooting for Jankovic, so here's a pretty awesome picture I found. Desktop material! I dream of a two-handed backhand like that!

Speaking of Jankovic, this is a neat video on "The Rebirth of Serbia". I find it hard not to cheer for the big three of Jankovic, Ivanovic and Djokovic.

Here's an interesting article detailing how both Roger and Pete tragically lost their coaches- and were seemingly spurred onto their legendary play as a result. It's a good one.

Looks like the match of the day was Baghdatis/Safin. A five-setter, one I hope to catch via my friend's marvelous daily recordings of tennis coverage.

Both ESPN and Tennis.com have good highlights to wrap up each day's action.

Ohhh. I love tennis!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good coverage coach!
i love all the serbs. so good, and ivanovic is really good looking, so that doesnt hurt.
i hate the williams's however, sharapova will eat them for her championship dinner.

sharapova and djokovic. for life.

Miss McMillan said...

Sharapova is looking pretty solid, hey? She's not my favorite, but it seems like she's elevated her game.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...you can't say 'in Heather's honor' and then go on to criticize my best friend. how rude - why are guys always so hard on him?!!

I so wanted to watch the Safin/Baghdatis match - that's the one thing I hate about the Aust Open - the time change. I'm getting geared up to watch some in a couple hours...wish you were or I was there!

Miss McMillan said...

Ha ha! Nadal. Your responses are reason enough to be hard on him!!! Now the watch I would also love to see is Roddick's swan song. Too bad Mauresmo lost...I was hoping she might play well and we would get to see her play Henin.

Miss McMillan said...

Oops, I meant "the match" I would like to see.

Anonymous said...

did you see the henin-sharapova game? woooweee!