Monday, January 14, 2008

Thailand...two weeks later...

I think my last post regarding Thailand was from Chiang Mai. I didn't tell you about....

-our awesome cooking class (I learned my favorites: pad thai, red curry, sweet and sour vegetables and papaya salad)
-the white flour sand and green see through waters at Koh Samet
-jumping the waves
-playing water frisbee
-laying the smack down on the girls in our Ultimate Pillow Wrestling Challenge
-how it is marvelous to have a tan, but after three days laying around on the beach, I'm ready for a new game
-spending New Year's Eve and New Year's Day next to the toilet :), something that is turning out to be an annual holiday event for me...a yearly cleansing ritual?!
-sweet chats with the three gals I traveled with
-how lovely and refreshing the fruit shakes are, or did I?
-how I really enjoy Thailand, but I feel a certain darkness there. There is beauty, but a more clear lostness than felt in other places I have lived in and traveled to.

There you have it. It was a great two weeks. Sorry to the Flickr fans out there, but for the four of you who check it, here is the first album, and here is the second album of my Facebook pictures. You can view them there; it's just seeming a bit tedious to upload them twice. My favorites are from the Elephant Nature Park. Enjoy!

Our lovely cooking prof and my wicked papaya salad. Spicy!

White Water Rafting!

Quadding!

Giving Dumbo a scrub-down in the river

Feeling the Love!

Our day at the Elephant Nature Park

The Beach!

2 comments:

Jill Slywka said...

thailand looks so cool, harm! and i have to say that i LOVE your hair short. such a change - but i think it is really nice. made even better by what you cut it for! you're awesome!

so glad your family could come visit you in hong kong. it's always good to see family - no matter where in the world you happen to be.

Miss McMillan said...

Thanks Jilly! I'm getting kinda used to the 30 seconds it takes to get my hair in the morning! Love it!
Yeah, it's the best getting to be with your family in a place you live and they have never been. Good times for sure.
I need to hear more about the England Christmas!!