Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Passing on the blogging love...

My favorite new development in teaching this year is our classroom blog for student writing. I have a simple blog for communication with parents, but this year we're trying a classroom blog. It's a neat set-up for teachers. Each student has their own page. They love it! My favorite part is that before anything is published, I can first do small edits and give them feedback on their writing. We can continue revising and editing until it's ready to be published. I really like that the kids get into reading each other's writing and commenting on each other's thoughts. Blogmeister also gives you the chance to collaborate with other classrooms around the world. I hope to explore that option soon. Helping kids improve in writing takes a lot of work, but this has been a positive experience so far.

No comments: