Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Camp!

Last week we went to camp with the Grade 4's and 5's. Camp here definitely has a different flavor here. It's a little more posh. A little more dainty. It does has a few pretty sweet activities that I didn't have growing up (a rope course the kids love and a climbing wall), and the scenery is beautiful. HK kids tend to be more delicate than Canadian kids (there are exceptions on both sides of course). Big city kids who have spent most of their days in a concrete world. Grass, sand and dirt are such novelties to everyday life here...difficult for Saskatchewanites to envision!

It's always rewarding to spend time with the kids at camp. I loved sharing evening devo's with the girls, and spreading the "Chickee Chickee" love at the campfire. The barbecue has got to be one of the most humorous times at camp. I think I simultaneously heard 5 voices at a time yelling, "Miss McMillan...IS THIS COOKED YET?!!!" And then, five replies, "It's still cold and wet. You need to put it a little closer to the fire!!!" Ha. Way too funny.

Oh, and a last note...my lovely memories of camp food prepared by Mom or Laura or Margaret are being erased by the greasy cuisine/slops served at camp here....sigh. I think my body has recovered now...


deep fried greasy 'sausages'. served daily x3 :)




sketching by the dock...beautiful surroundings.


No comments: