Friday, June 05, 2009

2 weeks of kids...3 weeks of work...6 weeks in Hong Kong

June has hit, and with it, the feeling of finishing and letting go of this chapter and this place. Today I officially cleared myself for take-off by paying my taxes and claiming my MPF (retirement savings). I was amazed that my tax was under 500 CDN for the past year! Hong Kong is great. :) I have no idea how they figured that out, but I'm not questioning it! I'm in the midst of arranging for another teacher to move into my flat over the summer, which is excellent because it means I can leave a lot of my stuff behind. It should simplify the move and I'm grateful for that.

In the past couple of weeks I have been hoping for a call from Regina Public but nothing has come up yet. The best chance at getting a full-time position has passed, so that was somewhat disappointing. I'm (mostly) okay with it, though. Regina is where I want to be, and I'm confident that a job will happen eventually. In the meantime, we've got some fertile ground for patience to grow. :) I may end up subbing for a time, which in some ways (in the short-term) is quite attractive. It would be nice to have a little more freedom with my time than usual and I can think of a number of things I might do with that time! I'm excited about moving back to Canada! It will be so good to be with my family again, and I'm also really looking forward to being in the Regina community. I've already got things lined up to join my football team for the second half of the season. Yeees! And, I'm hoping on getting in on a couple tennis tournaments, too. (I'm definitely excited about playing sports at home again! Woohoo!)

Last night I was reflecting again on God's flow of kindness in my life. It has been a very rich (though not equating easy) three years! Stepping out of one season and into the next, I want to commit to living in thankfulness. He is so good! I have been enjoying Hillsong United's new album, A Cross _ the Earth. The Desert Song has been a joy to have ringing through the ears...this simple bridge:

All of my life, in every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing,
I have a reason to worship

A friend from Hillsong shared with me that one of the gals singing had lost her baby just days before. Brings new light and meaning into the song.

Well, it's that time...Roger time. Looking forward to watching this one on my Friday night at home! Good night from HK. By the way, if you have a car you would like to sell or give away (why not?!), or a lovely apartment to rent in Regina, let me know! These two things will be among the first on the list to take care of when I get home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, Harm ... there may be teaching jobs in AB too. I mean SK isn't the only prairie province. Kathy is coming over, why not you too?!?! Then we could all live within 3 hours of each other again. Whatdya think?
Laurie

chelsa said...

YAY for that song! i just discovered it this week and i've been listening to it ever since. this morning i was driving and the words just HIT me. i'm so glad we're both going to be in regina again! can't waaaaaait!!