Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The getaway gals go to China...

I enjoyed my long weekend in Yangshuo, China with five of my good friends. We considered it as 'one last getaway'. (Yes, we're into the land of "lasts" these days!) I love Yangshuo. It is one of my favorite spots in China. It's only an hour flight from HK, so that made it an easy destination (the journey seemed almost too easy when I remembered my last trip to Yangshuo a few years ago- a 25 hour train journey!).

Anyway, it was a great time- beautiful scenery, good exercise, decent food, awesome accommodations, a fun chance to try out the Mandarin, good visits with friends. My favorite part about being in Yangshuo is going for bike rides into the countryside. This was a daily requirement, along with a daily dose of banana pancakes and a shake of some kind. Here are a few pictures from the weekend (the rest can be found here):


"West St."- Backpacker central.



Tammy, Ashley, Maureen, Mary, Wenny, and myself.


Hmmm.


New friend.

Not bad, hey?

2 comments:

jerms said...

Such a cool place. Be careful on those bikes. They bucked me off once.

Miss McMillan said...

I wonder why?!! I seem to remember you being bucked off a couple other times and it wasn't the bike's fault!!! Ding, ding!!