Sunday, May 27, 2007

Three Nights in Bangkok

My friend Mary and I went to Bangkok for our long weekend. Our goals were three-fold: 1) shop, 2) sit by a pool with a book and come back a shade darker than we left, and 3) eat Thai food as many times as possible in two days. I'm happy to report all goals were met, in addition to a late goal, 4) get a massage, or two. Although, I didn't try the Thai massage because I was slightly too roasted by the achieving (over-achieving actually) of goal #2. A foot massage was a fine substitute. As for goal #1, Bangkok boasts Asia's biggest market. It was ridiculously hot, but really fun to wander through the endless stalls. The accomplishment of goal #3 was a glorious thing- very rewarding. Mango sticky rice, spring rolls, pad thai noodles, a couple colors of curry, and some fresh fruit shakes. Ahhhh, so good.
Here's a short video of the weekend...

No comments: