Sunday, August 19, 2007

Jetlaaaaaggggged

Hong Kong Harm is officially back in business, back to work, and feeling the effects of having fastforwarded 14 hours on my clock. Oh the wonders of jetlag! Sometimes a person can jump right back into life and you'd wonder they had crossed even one timezone. I enjoyed that on return to Canada. No such love this time round. It's 4:30am and I'm wide awake. That is NOT a good thing! What's a poor traveler to do? Might as well get back to blogging!

So I'm back. Back to...
-smog
-sticky, humid air
-hot air (really hot air)
-skyscrapers
-people
-people
-people
-converting prices
-the 32nd floor
-public transportation
-Cantonese
-people
-and egg tarts

Summer was sweet, and saying goodbye was hard, as it always always is. With a ton of great memories and wonderful visits with friends and family, it's hard to keep the highlights to a minimum, but I'll aim to write a bit of a review post/novel in the next couple of days.

Perhaps I shall try sleeping again. It's a bit of a far fetch, but it sure would be nice to catch a couple more hours before.....work!!!! As we say in Hong Kong... AI YA!

2 comments:

Jill Slywka said...

I'm SO glad that our paths crossed for a brief time this summer. Even though our times together are spread out between years now, instead of days or weeks, each time that I am able to see you is sweet, and a real blessing.

Glad you're back safe and sound! I'm in Ontario right now, but fly back to Saskatchewan for a week or two before coming back for school (which starts on the 10th) on the 3rd. It will be nice to be home for a little bit longer before coming back here for good. I hope your jet lag doesn't last too long!

jerms said...

did you take the stairs yet?