Thursday, November 01, 2007

Princess for a Day

Today was "Book Day" at our school. Though I really wanted to be Willy Wonka, instead I teamed up with another teacher (Ashley) to play as the paper bag princess. Those of you with children have likely read one of the Munsch favorites, the Paper Bag Princess. Dirty, smoldering, smelly and adorned in a paper bag.

Anyway, I was humored by the fact that it took dressing up in a paper bag to lighten me up this week. I've knowingly been consumed in the "busy" mode. I didn't want to feel busy, burdened, but couldn't seem to help it. Of course, agitation follows soon after busy mode takes over. Kids seem more annoying than lovable, and as a friend related- you don't even feel like being around yourself, let alone offer yourself to others. It's hard to take yourself too seriously when you're dressed as a dirty, charred princess in a paper bag.

Highlight of the week so far, minus the paper bag act, has been the start of basketball season. I've been reminded of how much I looooove basketball, and coaching the guys! I think we've got some good potential, so that excites me.

Time for bed...signing off from the land of dragons, princes and princesses....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You're awesome!