Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Afternoon

I love the weekends! Wow! I have had an excellent weekend so far...I can't say it's over yet, though as I plan and mark it gets closer to feeling that way! On Friday night I went to Amazing Grace with a friend. What a story. Incredible commitment and perseverance. The one phrase that really stuck with me this weekend was "the weight of hope". It was clearly portrayed in the movie. The last scene in the House- wow- that one had me sobbing! I thought John Newton's character was played especially well. It was also a great history lesson.

Yesterday I spent a portion of the day planning for my Christmas holidays. Destination: Thailand! I am very excited about the trip. I am traveling with 3 other good friends from school. We are planning to go to Chiang Mai (in the north of Thailand), Bangkok (only for a day or so), and then to an island named Koh Chang (in the south).

I've spent a lot of time on the courtyard of late. Basketball is underway, but on Friday we wrapped up the volleyball season with a staff/student friendly. Though not overly aggressive or competitively-spirited, they are a lovely group of girls, and it has been fun getting to know them. Here's a picture!

No comments: