Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Book of Life..I believe it!


This year God has awakened me to my absolute need for his Word, and the most amazing blessing, of loving and learning from his Word. It gets better everytime I open it. It makes me giddy sometimes- as silly as that sounds, I am just so excited to read. I've missed out for so long, way too long, because I made assumptions or just felt too busy to really dive into it. I need it so much, and I need to rely on it more everyday as my lifeline. I need the wisdom, the joy, the peace, the real life still relevant to my life today words that need to take root more and more deeply within me. I'm hungry!!! I'm so thankful for the way the Word fills our souls.

Here are a couple passages that are staying close to my heart in recent days...

"Pay attention, O Israel, for you are my servant. I, the Lord, made you, and I will not forget to help you. I have swept away your sins like the morning mists. I have scattered your offenses like the clouds. Oh, return to me, for I have paid the price to set you free". Isaiah 44:21-22

"I'm not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They are not part of this world any more than I am. Make them pure and holy be teaching them your words of truth. As you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world". John 17: 15-18

"Whatever we do , it is because Christ's love controls us. Since we believe that Christ died for everyone, we also believe that we have all died to the old life we used to live. He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live to please themselves. Instead, they will live to please Christ, who died and was raised for them". 2 Cor. 5: 14-15

No comments: