Monday, February 13, 2006

A Very Poor Physical Specimen Am I

Oh dear. Tonight I realized the pathetic state my body is in! Let me tell you, I'm in terrible shape! How did I figure out the extent of this most ridiculous situation?
Indoor soccer. Ohhh, my lungs burn just thinking about it. It's a real pity because it was pretty fun (no, not as fun as basketball, it's just not possible), but fun all the same. My flubbery hips and the peanut butter sandwich in the pit of my stomach screaming for release with every breath were not helpful in my attempt to be effective! Ha. But hey, it was a good time. I haven't played soccer since Grade 12, and I've never played indoor before. I've been chicken of the game ever since my knee decided to get all grumpy on me. It felt pretty good tonight though (better than the rest of me!), so I may just try again. I think the best part is winding up and booting that ball with all your might. That's a good feeling. Thanks for giving me the chance to play, ladies!
Lord help me when I try to move tomorrow. Ai ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good trade! An achin' body for two highlight reel goals!

W.O.