Friday, June 02, 2006

Recently

It has been awhile since my last post. It's a smokin' day on the prairies- I think we're at 30 degrees. I love it! Particulary in comparison to last weekend's frigid feel. I played ball all weekend in Moose Jaw. And as fun as softball is, it's not really all that enjoyable in the rain and cold. Sopping wet cleats and socks make you cold all over! A rough bout with a nasty cold didn't help the situation. But hey, we won the tournament and the big money, too!
This weekend will be the other extreme, and I don't mind too much. At least not yet. It's better for my squeaky knees when it's piping hot. We're at home in Regina playing in a tournament. It should be a good time- I'm really having fun with the new team I am on (the Regina Royals). It's a mix of a few girls I've been playing with all my life, a few I've been playing against all my life, and then a few new faces that have been fun to get to know.
I'm still playing football but the weather hasn't been very agreeable on our game days. Plus, football seems to have an adverse effect on my knee. It will get over it, but I must be really old because my knees aren't liking this three-sport spring/summer idea. I thought it was a good idea!
Now that I've updated the sports department...
I love having my family home. It feels really good to come home and see the kiddos playing outside with their friends, Dad working in the yard, Mom watching Dr. Phil. Then Mom makes supper; I like that part too. :)
It looks like June and July are going to dissolve quickly. Tournaments, retreats, and family vacation time. Before I know it, I'll be boarding my August 2 flight for China. Actually, that would be precisely 2 months from today. Yikes!!! I am excited, though it feels there is a lot of preparing (yes, it is my favorite word EVER) to do before I leave. But, I do like dreaming and planning for my Grade 5 classroom. Now we are down to 13 classroom days plus finals here at Western (not that I'm counting!).
Well, I conclude by happily proclaiming that it is FRIDAY AFTERNOON and it's hometime! Time for a frap, perhaps? Then a ball game, and a chance to drop in on a few of the pavillions at Mosaic. Sounds good to me! Happy weekend to you!

1 comment:

chelsey said...

o mosaic. and a frap. what a nice weekend.