Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pictures from Pine Lake

My May Long was a great time. I had wonderful company along the journey- on the way there I traveled with good friend Deb, and on the way back, with my Uncle Dave and Aunty Heather. It's cool when an 8 hour ride just flies by with good visits and laughs.
It was fun hanging out with Aiden, Syd, Andrew and Autumn over the weekend- watching them enjoy the foamy, leachy waters of Pine Lake, eating supper in Syd and Autumn's treehouse (they make a mean steak), and playing some 2-on-2 hoops with the kiddos. It's clear that Andrew and I had the advantage. That is, until ol' Stilts (as Steve tagged her) came along. Ha ha.
Of course, then there were the smiles and cuddles and the overall adorability/squishiness factor of sweet Marees. She's so wonderful, wonderful. My mom thinks she is quite clever. I agree! I could watch a baby all day long. Someday I'll have my own to stare at! Ha ha.
And, it was so good to sit in on my brother's talks. He definitely left me with some things to work at- perhaps I will save that for another blog, because I've thought about his lesson on "blessing" a lot during my teaching days this week. Powerful.
Okay, I will let the pics tell the rest for you. It's back to learning about the Human Development Index for me. It's very interesting, and I'm being serious!










1 comment:

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

It was great to have you at Pine Lake! I'm glad you had a good time. It was a fun weekend, wasn't it?

These are great pictures of some fantastic little people!

And you're right, Steve's messages sure did give me something to chew on! Thanks Steve!