Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Sadbyes

Yesterday I returned to the patchwork prairies after a great week in Yellowknife. I said more goodbyes. I can't find much 'good' in the whole goodbye event. So I said some sadbyes. Sadbyes, sad Harmony. I had the leaving woes when I left two years ago for China, and I thought it might be easier this time. It is not. But I have decided that feeling sad is a blessed thing. If my heart felt flat and cold, it sure wouldn't say much about all of you folk, or myself. It is an amazing gift to feel a heavy burden of heartache because your life is running to overflow with people you love so much, and love you back. So I am thankfully sad, and so grateful that so many of you make leaving a very difficult thing to do.
Yesterday as I tearfully left Tim and Tara's house, Andrew smiled sweetly and said, "Aunty, look! There is a rainbow just for you!" I couldn't actually see a rainbow, but I saw more beauty in his caring heart than any rainbow could boast. Rainbows remind me of good promises- how thankful I am for the promises of God's love. There are no sadbyes when it comes to God and his people.
Perhaps the picture below summarizes the feelings of the heart today. To love and to be loved!

2 comments:

Tim and/or Wyatt said...

Elijah just looked at that picture and started screaming... love you Auntie.

Craig,Leah,Lena said...

Harm! the cutest pic i've ever seen! he's a sweet one, for sure.
Enjoy your trip!
Leah