Saturday, March 17, 2007

Teachers Sick at Sea

Today a gang of teachers acted as pirates and rented a junk boat for a trip over the rocky waters of the South China Sea. It had potential to be a marvelous event. However, the weather report today featured a "Monsoon Signal". Nevertheless, we braved the sea and wind, and loaded up on motion sickness drugs. Mine lasted half hour, the other hour and a half I dreamed of glorious, glorious land, while trying to steady myself in the boat. It wasn't really that bad because I didn't even throw up, but it was enough to remind me that I'm naturally and happily a land dweller.
We enjoyed lunch at a fishing village on Lamma Island and the return journey was shorter and actually a lot of fun, featuring fun photo taking and singing. Singing always does the trick, right Mom?! Here a few pics from the day on the boat!


Our Pirate Ship


Lamma Island- Fishing Village


Friends- Jamie and Shannon


Friends- Lynn and Mary


Friend, Tennis and Squash Partner- Bob

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like we spent the day together!!!... only I was sick and puking overboard on the Atlantic, and you were way up in the Pacific! (I think... do I have the righ geography?!). Deep sea fishing. Searching for treasure. Same diff :)
Talk to you SOON. I miss you, friend!

chelsey said...

i've been seasick before and it's not fun. i puked over the edge of the boat and everything, just like in the movies. only i was on the boat for like 12 hours. it was terrible. glad that your boating trip turned out better than mine!