Monday, December 17, 2007

High Tea Blessing

Two friends and colleagues treated me to High Tea at the Peninsula Hotel yesterday afternoon. What a treat! It was my high tea debut. What better way to experience high tea than with a British gal and a fellow Canadian, a beautifully festive stringed quartet playing from above, and most lovely (that sounds British doesn't it?) Christmas decorations dressing up the colonial Peninsula. They claim high tea at the Peninsula is a Hong Kong institution. Oooh. Too bad they didn't offer to drive me home via one of their Rolls-Royce Phantoms...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://tesspeak.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/11/index.html

check out my blog for my involvement in ICM. it is a great organisation, and my birthday/Christmas present! sebastian and i wanted to go on that missions trip but the timing just wasn't right, don't you find the kids are so tired right now at the end of term?

glad you had a divine time at the peninsula. when i first got my job as hotels writer for the hk standard i was informed by the head waiter at the peninsula hk that "high tea" is not a five star chi-chi affair. they promote their tea as afternoon tea, which is very UC (and i don't mean union church!). i mean that to sound informative, not snobbish!

we're here all Christmas, spending boxing day at the beach if you want to come. there will be some icm & crossroads people there.

xo tess

Miss McMillan said...

Oh, that would have been so neat if you guys ended up on the same trip!! Yeah, kids are pretty wired at the moment...we can all taste HOLIDAY! Ha ha.

Thanks for the clarification on the "afternoon tea"! It sure was a nice way to spend an afternoon.
I'm headed to Thailand on Sunday for most of the break, but we really do need to meet up!!! Ahhh, my fault!!! I'll send you an email in the new year! Until then, have a great Christmas! Thanks for stopping by.