Friday, December 21, 2007

A Ponytail Present

I have a special friend in Hong Kong who is fighting cancer. She just took her second round of chemo, and the last time I visited her, she knew her hair would be gone by Christmas.

In honor of this dear woman, as well as my Aunty Laurie and other women I have known who have bravely fought cancer, and inspired also by one of my beautiful sister-in-laws, I decided to give away my ponytail. I will send it, as Tara did, to the Beautiful Lengths campaign organized by Pantene Pro-V. They will hopefully accept my curly mop of a ponytail and use it, along with other donated ponytails, to make a wig for a woman who has lost her hair due to cancer. If you're interested, have a look at their website. I think it's just one more way to encourage those we love- "we're with you all the way".

So, here's Harmony minus the ponytail...for the first time since 1985?!!

1 comment:

Tim and/or Wyatt said...

Harm,
You look so beautiful with your short hair. I am really proud of you. I thought it would look really curly being that short, but it doesn't. It really does look great. If you are missing the tail just remember - for you it will grow back! We'll be thinking of you these next 2 weeks and will miss you everyday.
Love Tara