Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Brought to you by the white chocolate mocha at the coffee shop...

I'm getting no love from Apple these days. Before I went to Korea, my ipod died. I decided to buy a new nano. I left my nano on the bus in China on the weekend. Smooth move. It is being returned to me in the mail. This is good. My Macbook went into a deep sleep about a week ago, and I'm hoping the Apple fix it fellows are working wonders right now. She won't be back for another ten days. Sigh. So I'm at the coffee shop. I could blog at school, but I really don't feel much in the mood for it at the end of the day.

So if I were feeling like a more energetic blogger, I would catch you up on the latest. The latest stretches back to the Jeonju days, which demand at least one solid blog entry (the food earns a post of its own)! That will be coming soon. I might also tell you about this past weekend, when I went to China with my high school basketball guys. They enjoyed titling it the "China Tour". The China Tour ended up mostly rained out, or alternatively known as the China Ping Pong Tour (what do you in China when you can't play basketball outside?). However, the one game we managed against the government church team (similar to our "church hockey teams" at home), was a classic. Unfortunately, I was reffing...

Lately I'm spending time after schools working with the Grade 3 and 5 students on our spring musical- "Donkey Tales". Last night I watched the Hairspray special dvd features to inspire me in my role as drama director. The theme song goes something like this..."Donkey Tales are long. Donkey Tales are short....Hee haw, Hee haw". Sounds like the makings of something epic, hey?!

I can almost taste summer. Almost...but not quite yet. I have a ticket home so that makes it seem more real. June 29 is the day I return to big skies, clean air, Timmy's, real chocolate milk....and hopefully and most importantly, you!

4 comments:

katie said...

Hun,you don't have to fly halfway across the world to see me. I live in Mong Kok. I hope that you were very inspired by the Hairspray DVD to do your best on the Donkey Tails. You never know your cast might just be the "Original Cast Recording" group and end up on Broadway. I can see it now. Hee Haw, Hee Haw!!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to a good long chat with you when you return
Kathy

Anonymous said...

did you have urchin ball soup for breakfast in china? tell us about your meals!!!

we missed you at the retreat, it was FANTASTIC. the next one is first week of november...i really hope you can join us.

if rents go up, we are likely heading over to your area of town.

come over for dinner, please! tess

Miss McMillan said...

Thanks for stopping by, Katie...you and me...Chungking Mansions. SOON!

And Kathy- YES. I can't wait to have a loooong chat soon. It's been far too long.

Tess- I'll text you this week and we can make a plan!! THANKS!!!