Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Holy CATS

Remember the CAT Tests? Maybe not. Perhaps you were a member of the CTBS Test generation, like me. Sorry, I don't know what came before CTBS Tests! I didn't mind the tests, though I was always curious about who was going to evaluate the results. Was there a fancy education hotshot in Ottawa looking for the bright and brilliant of Saskatchewan?

Anyway, my kids are writing their CAT tests this week. And they are thrilled. Riiight. As I wandered the room, enforcing the proper and accurate darkening of the precious circles, I started to pray for them. I was reminded of how prayer has the power to move us and change us as we go. As I thought about their family situations, their struggles, their strengths- my compassion and desire to serve them increased. I also felt assured of what I could do to breathe encouragement and love into them. I need to pray for my kids more often.

No comments: