Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Invisible Children

Have you heard about the night commuters in Uganda? Last week I watched a late-night Oprah that had me sobbing. I didn't know about this at all, nor did I know anything about the genocide that is taking place right now in the Sudan. The night walkers in Uganda are all children trying to escape the rebels, who kidnap the children and turn them into killers as members of the rebel group. The children walk 5 miles every night, going from the village to the shelter. Unbelievable.
3 guys from California traveled to Uganda and returned with a mission to end the crisis...they have started an organization known as the "Invisible Children". You should check out their website- it has a lot of videos and podcasts, and highlights a trailer of their soon to be released full feature film. I think it looks really good. I need to learn more about this, as well as the crisis in Sudan. If you find some good links, let me know!

No comments: