Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Me and Don Narcisse

This week officially marks the beginning of the spring/summer sports season. I'm pretty excited about this. On Sunday, I tried something new- football! A friend of mine has been asking for the last 4 years if I'd come out and play, but the answer was always "I play softball", or "I'm leaving the country pretty soon". So this year I said "I'll probably play softball, and I'm leaving the country", but I'll play anyway! The first practice was really fun- I definitely felt like a tough football player running my post patterns and such. Ha, ha. It's cool, though- they taught us (the rookies) how to run different patterns out of the nifty little laminated play sheet. I feel like Don Narcisse already. Ha, ha! I'm not sure that I'll make the best football player, but I think it has the potential to be pretty fun. A fun group of gals- a number of them from my days with the Cougs.
Tonight I also played my first softball game in a couple years. Softball is home. No doubt- playing second base is oh, so good...and tonight I was a pick-up for a team, but the regular second base person broke her nose (that was not so good), so I moved in from good ol' right field. Pretty fun. A classic game- I bunted, grounded out, made it to first on another ground ball. Ha ha. Unfortunately it was really cold out, and my leg muscles that were already very sore from football, tightened up...leaving me waddling around like an old penguin.
I think I'll be kept busy enough with activity this spring, if my schedule on Thursday is any indicator. Basketball game at 4pm, football at 5:45pm, softball game at 6:45pm, marks due the next day. Next week we'll throw in tennis lessons! Life is good, hey?!
Go Phoenix....I really don't like the Lakers...AT ALL (sidenote).

No comments: