Friday, October 06, 2006

Thanks

There are no signs of Thanksgiving in my part of the world. Some blogs have commented on the fresh, crisp air, the color changing leaves and the turkey on the way. From my window, I anticipate the continued hot, sticky air, and I see green, leafy, full trees. Turkey? Probably not. Dim Sum? Of course! There are no signs of fall to be seen in Hong Kong. Maybe that's why I forgot that Canadian Thanksgiving was this weekend.
Regardless, earlier this week I was bombarded by a random flood of thankfulness, so I'm glad to share in the gridblog.
I was thinking about my siblings a lot this week. I love each one of you very much. I am so glad to be a part of my family, to be called a "sister". It is so great to have 3 big brothers, and a big sister that is like a best friend. What a sweet thing.
My heart aches for my nieces and nephews these days. I am so thankful for each one of them. Have you seen them?! They are one of the very, very best parts of my life. I regret, so much, that I am missing out on another 2 years of their little lives, but I'm so proud to be their Aunty, even if I'm really far away. (Tear, tear, tear) I love being an Aunty.
I'm thankful, too, for Mom and Dad and my Grandparents.
Why am I crying through my blog on thankfulness?! Gosh! Funny what happens when your heart starts settling in on your blessings. Mom, Dad- you are at the top of the list. You have been so good to me.
I am thankful to have a handful of friends that could be called family. Lifers!
I am thankful for the amazing women that have blessed my life many times over, like Barb and Laura.
I am thankful for great memories.
I am so thankful that I have a knee that works right, for the most part. It hasn't always been this way, and I rejoice in the fact that I can gleefully chase birdies and squash balls and tennis balls, play softball and football and basketball...
And oh, that brings me to sports. I am so thankful for sports. I love sports, I love softball, I love football, I love tennis. Soooo good.
I am really thankful to be a teacher. I am thankful to spend my days doing something that I enjoy and feel passionate about. I am thankful that I am surrounded by such a great community here at CAIS, and that I have many people to learn from and grow with here.
I am thankful to be called a child of God.
I am thankful to have the chance to live overseas and enjoy so much of the world.
I am thankful for the Word- it breathes life into me and gives me hope and direction.
I am thankful for music, in all its forms (minus Beijing Opera). It blesses me daily.
I think I will rest here, and try to rest in thankfulness this weekend. (I'm thankful for the weekend, too!)

2 comments:

United14 said...

Blessing to you coach Lol
Living your life with a thankful heart
Peace & Blessings

Anonymous said...

Nice job Harmony.

You made me feel all warm and fuzzy on this crisp fall day.

John