Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Three Cheers for Banana Bread

Yeah! Banana bread is a bonding thing. I have banana bread to thank for the bond I have now have with my amazing, generally non-English speaking janitors at school. They rock. And they dig banana bread in a serious way. Bonded through banana bread, gotta love it.
And, in a most exciting turn of events, I have banana bread to thank for a second bonding experience! I have now officially, after 2 months of living directly next door, met my neighbours! Yaaah! I'm so excited! Here's what I did. I baked banana bread and then, made a bold, very bold, move. I opened my door, took one step and in a moment of brilliance, I knocked on their door. Then, I handed over the goods. Amazing. It was such a huge moment, no wonder it took me 2 MONTHS to do it! And again, banana bread comes through in the clutch. A family of 3, friendly as can be.
Going bananas in HK.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good work Harm... I made Tara go over and give our new neighbours cookies this summer does that count?

Carolyn said...

I agree - banana bread does awesome things. Mexican people love it too. An international similarity. Yeah!

Love to hear all of your adventures. Good job Harm.

Love ya, Carolyn