Wednesday, February 21, 2007

House Guest and House Arrest

Hey all. There is a noted gap since my last writing. Chinese New Year has come and gone, though many of us are still basking in a nice week of holidays from work. It hasn't turned out exactly as I had planned. I was hoping to get lots of planning and marking done in the first few days, and then welcome my friend Sherri to town and continue on to tear up the concrete jungle for the remaining days of the holiday!
Turns out my body had a different adventure in mind for me over the break, and I definitely feel the grace (but disappointment) of being unwell during time off from school. It's a strange kind of virus (we think?) that has my legs and arms numb and tingly, and has left me really tired and generally not feeling that great. I know, it sounds a bit weird, but I'm doing okay. Tests came back normal, so I'm just trying to take it easy, take my vitamins, and maybe the next step is Chinese medicine! I hope whatever it is decides to pack up and go on its merry way really soon. :)
However, the best thing is that Sherri is here! Ah, she's a fun, fun gal. We haven't done much exploring but we're finding fun in small things...like Photobooth and becoming expert dancers in every genre of music in my Itunes Library. The pictures below are inspired by "I've Had the Time of My Life" and, I really don't know about the last one....maybe something from Shrek?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Harm,
I hope you still consider me a friend even though that long email hasn't arrived in your inbox yet! I promise that it will arrive soon. I am sorry to hear of your "not well" state - especially during holidays. No fun!
Take care. Enjoy Sherri.
Love, Barb

Anonymous said...

hi ~ i came to your blog via fiji (kara's blog) which is entertaining because i live in pokfulam and previous to that lived in, you guessed it, yellowknife. glad you're enjoying your hong kong experience and as for kathmandu...did you hit freak street?
drop me an email: tlyons@netviator.com

i've got a great acupuncturist/tcm guy if you're still feeling poorly.

or visit my blog, dim sum mum

all best
tess