Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Day 2007

It has been a love-ly day, though I'm reeeeally tired! One of my students gave me two roses to start the day, and to end the day another student gave me such a sweet Valentine. On the front it simply said- "Miss McMillan: I Love You". Now that's pretty cool. I gave out chocolate kisses and real hugs to anyone who would take one, so there was no shortage of love in the classroom!
Another staff member kindly thought of the single ladies and gave each one a rose. On an interesting and funny note, I was also left with a note from a secret admirer. Ha, ha! I'm serious though. It was poetic and remains anonymous. Ooooh, the drama!
I came over to my friends' place for pizza and now I'm hanging out at their place while Hunter (their 9 month old) sleeps and they enjoy an evening together.
So, Hunter is my special Valentine this year! Check out the Valentine he gave me! Awwwww. Happy Valentine's Day, friends!

2 comments:

Jill Slywka said...

OOOOOO! sounds like a great day, especially getting a note from a secret admirer! that is too fun! truthfully, i haven't thought too much about it being valentine's day today - as i've had no time to think about anything else besides midterms this week. i've already written three, and i still have one more! but then, i get to go home on friday. so, i'm really excited about that!!
glad that you're valentine's day was great!
miss you friend.

jilly

Bonnie said...

Happy Valentine's Day Harmony! Ooo I love the secret admirer thing, do keep us posted! I'm sure you have many. LOL Now you just need a really amazing one to not be so secret. ha. Sounds like you are doing so well there and touching so many lives - as amazing as we knew you would do.

We've been thinking about you because I have Ronan's blue and gold Chinese outfit all ready to go this weekend for Chinese NY - it will just fit him perfectly this year - so thanks again for the stylin duds! My chinese friends are very impressed that every year he has an outfit - he will fit right in!!

Now in Medicine Hat, I'm not so sure he'll fit right in with that outfit unless it is Halloween or something, but I guess that's another issue. LOL Got a cowboy hat? ha, I'm sure they're plentiful out there in AB. Good thing we're not moving til March so we are here for chinese NY, or 'lunar NY' to be politically correct on the coast. :)

Anyway thanks again for his cute outfit - I'll send you a picture this weekend. Those pig things on your blog are CRACKING me up. So funny.

Love your blog as always, and love you.
Bonnie (and T and R)