Sunday, March 01, 2009

Dodgeball: Game of Champions (1/31)


My church is revving up a pretty awesome sports ministry. It reminds me of Sunday nights at 1825 Rothwell St- playing basketball in the pint-size gym and loving the chance to play with big brother Tim and his cool and athletic friends. Anyway, tonight we played some epic dodgeball. I think dodgeball is an amazing way to spend an evening- whipping balls at your friends with every ounce of strength. Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge, baby. What could be better?!

It also brought back a memory that makes me laugh of embarassment. Why didn't my roommates at the time (TAMARA!) tell me that I should not wear purple spandex for the dodgeball tournament? Tonight I spared my (new) friends the terror of seeing me in purple spandex. I won't spare you, though...here's a picture of the purple spandex (and some other good friends in trendy gear)...from the 80's party of the century (another fine memory!).

Ah, dodgeball- a game for the ages.

3 comments:

Jill Slywka said...

oh man. that was quite a night! good memories for sure!

Alicia Slywka said...

dodgeball will forever remind me of western...ha!

yes what a good night that was. i think i have a video of that somewhere around here. i should pull it out...

Miss McMillan said...

Wow, that video would be hilarious!!! Seriously...you should pull it out and make a movie! It would be worth some pretty good laughs, that's for sure...