Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Too Good!!! (23/31)

Yeah. They were just too good! The show was phenomenal. I was amazed at their talent and versatility as a band. Each guy switched up instruments with ease. The drummer did a solo on the acoustic (sweet voice, too), and Chris Martin whipped out the harmonica. He is an incredible musician, that guy. What a voice. The best part was the energy level. They were giving 110% on every song.

It's hard to choose favorites...but I'd have to go with Fix You. The crowd was all over it (Alicia, I tried to call you in the middle of it and Barb picked up!! I don't think she knew it was Chris Martin calling!!). I loved Clocks, Lovers in Japan, Viva la Vida (so fun) and one of the encores- an old one and such a great song- The Scientist. He also did a piano solo on The Hardest Part- impressive. And In My Place..that was so good, too...and Yellow...(I think you get the picture here!!). They played almost all of the songs from Viva La Vida. One I wish they would have played but didn't was Swallowed in the Sea.

Our seats were okay; they were about halfway back. About midway through the show, they ran to the back of the arena and stood on a platform in the middle of the crowd for an acoustic set. It was awesome! All kinds of special effects and video effects to add to it all. Yeah- it was a great night. I'd go see them again tonight if I could!

Ashley and Wenny!

Ahhhh...Chris Martin. :)

Yellow! (You can see how far back we were, and that's about halfway to the back of the arena! Not a great venue.)

On his way to the back...

Acoustic set.

6 comments:

Tim said...

Yep, me Jealous.

Alicia Slywka said...

I can't wait!!! ohhh man! i'm unbelievable excitedd and this added to excitement!
the countdown is definitely on! ha

woww chris martin called me! its not every day you can say that. ha! tooo bad i missed it. i asked barb about it, we had a good laugh!

glad you got to go and be in my future husbands presence. our turn next :)

Miss McMillan said...

ha ha, alicia! yeah, he called to say he could fix everything. :) so did barb know who was calling- I think she actually hung up on Chris Martin!!!
yeah...you're not going to be disappointed...

Miss McMillan said...

oh hey tim, i called you too! i think it was during yellow!!! did you get it??

Jill Slywka said...

oh my goodness!!!! i'm so, so excited, and this made me even more excited! i knew they wouldn't disappoint live - they're so good! i can't wait until june! :)

Alicia Slywka said...

ha no she didn't know! she said she even likes that song and usually recognizes it but all she could hear was loud noises and had no idea what it was, so she hung up! i'm very disappointed she hung up on chris martin though...ha. at least i get to see him live. that will make up for it!