Friday, March 06, 2009

To know Him is to trust Him. (6/31)

To know Him is to trust Him. Faith flows from the right picture of who God is.

These thoughts have been sitting with me for the past couple weeks as our pastor has been preaching on the topic of "Knowing God". I often wrestle with feeling that can somehow "will" myself to have more faith. My thinking is being challenged in some great ways as I am reminded that as I get closer to Jesus and know Him more, my faith grows. It's so easy for me to put what I am capable of doing and believing in the same box as what God can do and who He is. That's a bad mix-up and one that is hugely limiting to faith.

A couple questions I'm asking myself this week:

"How much of my faith is about me and what I can do?"
And related to that- a question I've had on my wall for the past couple of years, "Harmony, do you believe that I can bless you more than you can bless yourself?" (God).

More thoughts on this to come...maybe tomorrow!

No comments: